The importance and significance of the commercial rooflights are prominent in every corner of the earth. You cannot do without one if it’s damaged or flawed. And Most of the commercial roofing services are called for the damaged and defective Rooflights, rather than any other big issue.
And this damage is caused mainly due to overexploitation or non-maintenance of them for a longer period. With regular roof inspection and proper maintenance, these issues can be well taken care of. The estimated life of rooflights is almost 20-30 years.
But it starts becoming fragile after the passing of 15-20 years and the main reason behind this is the Ultraviolet light coming from the sunrays on a regular basis which attacks the rooflight’s outer layer. If at all, there is no other way out and it has damaged to a position where it needs replacement, one must go for it.
Knowing the best time of Rooflight replacements
It is fine if you plan potential maintenance and inspection of the Rooflight regularly for preventing it from any damage. But if you don’t abide by such ideologies then Rooflight replacement is the only choice you are left with and the following are the times when the replacement is needed the most
- When the age of your Rooflight has exceeded 15 years; Means it is anywhere in between 15-20 years.
- When the Rooflight is torn or damaged in a way that rainwaters enter inside it and gets accumulated.
- When the Rooflight tends to crack or starts showing signs of brittleness.
- When the Rooflight becomes discoloured and also restricts the entrance of the natural daylight.
In most of these cases, the replacement might be needed. But still, if the situation is not that severe and a bit of GRP rooflight cleaning services or a superior form of maintenance is done then it might still save your Rooflight from being replaced for some years more.
However, it is advisable that you don’t asses the condition of severity yourself without consulting with the roofing experts if you don’t have any such knowledge. As it may look good from outside but may be in the inside the condition is fragile.
Advantages of commercial Rooflight replacement
- The rooflights are a great source in letting the natural light come into your house and provide you with the natural essence, which is not likely to occur when you opt for the traditional roofing. So it is a total win-win situation for those who are fond of everything natural.
- The likes of saving you from the clutches of huge electricity bills are high when you go for Rooflight replacements. With natural lights enter the building effectively, the need to have so many artificial lights lit during the daytime is less, the energy is obviously saved. Thus it also contributes to an energy saving environment-friendly factor.
- We can say that increased presence of natural light son eh work front can actually increase the workflow and concentration of the ones working under the Rooflight and hence when you go for the replacement in case of any damage, you also contribute towards a better workforce.
- As we know by now that the commercial rooflights allow natural lights to come in and lowers the electricity consumption, thereby leading to fewer carbon emissions too. Therefore, it is high on being eco-friendly and saves the environments by a greater extent.
Types of rooflights available for commercial utilities
- Dome– they are small and uses a reflective tube to increase the light in the smaller areas. It is preferred more in such parts of the commercial building where the incoming natural light is limited.
- Barrel– ideal for large spaces, this Rooflight type is known for its variety in size. The semi-circular shapes can be fitted together to provide the roof with a better shape and nice covering.
- Pyramid– if you want visual attractiveness for your architectural property then this one is the best choice for Rooflight installation. The beautiful and spotlight flare with the steel beams makes it approachable in looks.
- Walk-on– this one is a hit amongst such building which needs walking on the roofs to be safer. The roofing contractors use durable and highly shut glasses to fix the rooflights which makes it convenient for walking freely on the roof.
- Flat glass– going by the modernized outlook and the best-fitted size, these rooflights counts for the best choice in commercial buildings for allowing better lights and various size adaptability.
Choose a Commercial Roofing Contractor Wisely
This was all about the Rooflight replacement normal people needed to know before heading for one. Choosing from the best kind of rooflights available in the market for your replacement is also advised for gaining better results in every aspect. So, choose your commercial roof replacement wisely.